Before you apply, you must complete the criteria given below.
1. Year Level:
Years 9, 10, 11, 12 and Year 13 students.
Please note that new Year 13 students will only be accepted if they arrive for Orientation at the beginning of the New Zealand school year. Students are encouraged to enrol before Year 13 to achieve the highest possible standard.
2. English Language Competence:
Minimum two years learning English - basic competence.
3. Current school reports:
Showing good academic achievement and a good record of attendance at current school.
From current school Principal (this can be supported by the home-room teacher).
5. Character reference:
From someone outside the family, but who knows the student applying to enrol.
6. A willingness to sign the tuition agreement and to abide by the school rules.
Steps in the Application Process
Follow Steps 1 - 4 below. It takes 4 - 5 weeks to process your application and before you receive your visa.
Complete the following enrolment form which includes an applying for Homestay accommodation or Boarding:
- A recent school report
- A testimonial from your present School Principal
- A letter in English introducing yourself, written by you without assistance
- Any other relevant certificates, and national examination results
- A character reference provided by a non-family member
Return to Nelson College for Girls, PO Box 842, Nelson 7040, New Zealand or fax: +64 3 545 9601.
Please be aware that Nelson College for Girls reserves the right to contact previous schools attended by the applicant.
If your application is successful, you will receive by letter, fax or email:
- An Invoice for fees with details of payment procedures, including costs of Travel plus Medical Insurance
- An "Offer of Place"
When we have received your fees, you will be forwarded:
- A receipt for fees
- Confirmation of Tuition
- Confirmation of Accommodation
Inform the College of your arrival date.
Please make contact if you have any queries.
Code of Practice
Nelson College For Girls has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website.