Pursuing excellence in the Arts is highly valued at this school. Students develop their creativity in a safe and nurturing environment where they are inspired by talented teachers, visiting musicians and artists.
Opportunities within the Performing Arts at Prep include:
• Preparatory School Choir
• Instrumental and vocal tuition is available through the Itinerant Music Programme.
• Drama Club – after school (including the Sheila Winn Shakespeare competition)
• College Concert Band, Brass Ensemble and Orchestra (depending on ability)
• Rock Bands and acoustic singer/songwriter groups
• College Maori Culture Group
• Year 7 Music ‘taster’ instrumental lessons
• House Performing Arts event (HPAC)
• Stage Challenge