Every Child is an Individual
Our school was first established in 1903, and along with Nelson College Preparatory School are the only private school of their kind in New Zealand.
What We Offer Your Daughter
- Integration into College life
- Serene natural environment
- Modern, well equipped classrooms
- Small class sizes
- Access to College facilities:
- Computer Suites
- Science Laboratories
- Music and Performance Rooms
- Teachers from the College instruct students in Foreign Languages, Music, Food and Textiles, Computer ICT, Graphics and Design, The Arts, Science and Technology.
- To encourage values for life and maximum access to a range of academic, sporting and cultural activities.
- To prepare our students for a successful transition to their College years and beyond.
Qualities of a Preparatory School Graduate
A young person who:
- Takes responsibility for her own learning
- open and willing
- goal setting - where am I at? What are my next steps?
- risk taker
- Is a Thinker
- problem solver
- Embraces and lives the school values
The fees for 2013 have been set at $7,180
How to Apply - Expression of Interest
If you wish to go on the waiting list in case a vacancy arises this year, please complete an Expression of Interest form and return to the Secretary of the Preparatory School.
An Expression of Interest form is available in the Resources section on the right.
|Wednesday 16 October 2013||Open Night - Nelson College for Girls Hall at 7 pm
Come and meet the teachers and students, have a tour of the school and find out what the Preparatory School can offer your daughter. All welcome.
|Monday 24 February 2014||Applications for entry in 2015 close.|
|March / April 2014||Interviews for 2015|
|May 2014||Families will be advised in writing of the outcome of the interview|
Preparatory School Secretary
400 Trafalgar Street South
PO Box 842
Facsimile +64 3 545 6800